Home Learning Community
The Montessori Home Learning Centre delivers focused tutoring support for families who educate their children at home.
We have designed a Montessori learning environment for Maths and English, two days a week for children aged six to 11 years, at The Montessori Home Learning Centre located in Elm Lane, Elm Lane pavilion.
- Tutoring in Maths & English, the Montessori way
- A mixed-age Class Community, from ages 6-to 11-years, representing years 1 to year 6
- Two days a week, from 9 am to 3.30 pm
- Four mandatory trial and taster sessions, 9 am – 3.30 pm at £300 per child
- Children must bring their own packed snacks and lunch
- Throughout the school year, across the three school terms
Our Montessori-trained teachers foster the child’s ability to embrace challenges with enthusiastic curiosity as they explore solutions. This takes place within the carefully prepared classroom, always following the child’s unique rhythm as they discover the joys of education from their personal lens.
- Using custom-created Montessori Materials & Equipment the child will discover and build upon concepts & skillsets that trigger an intrinsic love of inquiry – to find out more on their quest to deliver an answer.
- The key indicators of a child’s deep learning process are concentration and co-ordination. The child soon forms a pattern of learning behaviour that lays a firm but individual foundation specific to each child’ self-regulated development
- The MHLC experience will go beyond Montessori Maths and Montessori English as the holistic delivery of the concepts touches all aspects of the academic curriculum. This will enable the primary home educator – parents &/or carers – to integrate the learning into the rest of the child’s education week.
- The Fourth Great Lesson – The Story of Writing – exploring different alphabets throughout history and in different cultures, including cuneiform.
- Handwriting / Penmanship
- Parts of Speech
- Word Study
- Literary Elements
- Creative Writing
- Formal Writing
- The Fifth Great Lesson – The Story of the Coming of Numbers – exploring different numeric systems throughout history and in different cultures, including monetary systems.
- Number and place value up 10 000 000
- Skip counting and times tables
- Squared Numbers
- Cubed Numbers
- Mathematical Operations (Addition, Subtraction, Division, Multiplication)
- Mathematical Theorems – Pythagoras, Euklid